Monday, May 14, 2007

Higgins hits No 1 again.

Higgins regains number one spot

John Higgins admits he expected to win a second world title far sooner having also returned to the top of the rankings with victory over Mark Selby.
Higgins, who first won the title in 1998, replaces fellow Scot Stephen Hendry as the world number one.
"I won it nine years ago and was blasé about it," he said. "I thought I would have won another two or three by now.
"It's taken longer than expected. I've won a lot of events but a lot of people only watch the World Championship."
Interview: World champion John Higgins Extended highlights: Higgins wins epic final
After that initial triumph in 1998, Higgins was expected to become the dominant force in the game, and was world number one for two years.
But his form tailed off and he failed to win a major tournament between 2001 and 2004.
"I was breaking through and, if I had stuck in there and practised the way other guys did, I could have won this again before now," he reflected.
I am definitely going to try and build on this John Higgins

No comments: